Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Deception Pass WIP #2

I have finally conquered  my fear of putting paint to paper on this one.  I decided that I will do this in stages, especially because the color is a little too mossy green... I need to add some more tanny browns for the rocks on the far shore, but I didn't want to overwork the paper.  Anyways, less chat more art.  Here it is.


Some of you may notice that I have no ink on this painting.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  First off, the bridge is green and I don't have a green sharpie that dull industrial green color- or anything even close!  Secondly, I kinda am feeling more natural colors and textures would best suit this landscape.  So after staring at the sharpies and the drawing for a long time, I decided to be brave and not outline anything on this one... though I'm still not sure about the sailboat which was all white with white sails.

4 comments:

  1. Great start with the color! Keep going - you're doing fine. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my better paintings started like this...slow, incremental steps. You've got a great start here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth, for those y lines I used watercolor pencils, then used NIJI brush over them. Good see somebody from Sunnyvale, I used live in Santaclara. You have great drawings here, good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! Definitely liking it so far ^^

    ReplyDelete