Now that it's all sketched out, the paper doesn't seem so big and scary anymore :-) I hope to have the inking done soon. Then I plan to watercolor the whole thing.
Monday, September 6, 2010
Deception Pass - WIP #1
Last February I got to visit Deception Pass inbetween Whidbey Island and Fidalgo Island in Northwestern Washington State. It is beautiful there, though I must say I didn't venture out onto the bridge by foot. It is amazingly high and my fear of heights stopped me in my tracks. We hiked down to the strait's shore and I got this amazing photo:
I decided about a month after this visit to try to do my first full page watercolor (ordinarily, I fold the page in half because for some reason a whole page is just too scary :-). So here is the pencil sketch I have done so far.
Now that it's all sketched out, the paper doesn't seem so big and scary anymore :-) I hope to have the inking done soon. Then I plan to watercolor the whole thing.
Now that it's all sketched out, the paper doesn't seem so big and scary anymore :-) I hope to have the inking done soon. Then I plan to watercolor the whole thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It looks great sketched out already. I would be terrifed too of crossing the bridge!
ReplyDeleteWonderful start! I look forward to seeing the results!
ReplyDeleteLike it so far =)
ReplyDelete