We are finally getting a rainy weekend here in Silicon Valley, which means I have a really good excuse to stay home and paint. I have decided it's time for me to catch up on the EDM list. I am vowing to complete at least 6 challenges this weekend. Here's the first:
I broke my awesome pair of glasses about 2 weeks ago and here they are now, in pieces. Thank goodness I have my old pair!
I have had to sit through a lot of meetings and classes lately and when I get bored (which is often at these things) I doodle. This set of post-it art was from a particularly long training. The training should have been done in 45 minutes and was amazingly stretched to 2 1/2 hours!
Not the best work, but I kinda surprised myself on the gazebo- the bottom half doesn't look that bad... the top is hot mess, but I can just call it abstract and get away with it :-) Each is of a different part of Bellingham, Washington: the gazebo and tree are from Elizabeth Park, the waterfall is the diving basin in Whatcom Falls State Park, and the last is my reoccurring favorite- the view from Marine Park.
Speaking of which, the class I'm taking for continuing education credits has been taxing at best- a class of 18 year olds "discussing" literature they didn't bother to read will do that. So I took the opportunity to draw my (apparently) favorite scene...
I think this one came out nice... the people sitting directly next to me in class seemed to think so too :-) I really think that art should make you happy when you see it (even if the subject matter is sad) and *this* makes me happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I like art that makes me happy and even if I can appreciate art that isn't happy, I try to find the happy art.
ReplyDeleteNice sketching. You are doing quite a bit. I like how you drew the pieces of your glasses. I left my favorite pair of reading glasses at my sister's house. She sent them home with our niece who said she'd mail them to me. Hmmm, that was over a month ago. I think I can say goodbye to them and I don't even have a sketch to remember them by (they were studded with different colors of crystals). So keep up the sketching and sketch anything that you don't want to forget!
Love the style. =) Very fun and unique
ReplyDeleteReally like the composition of your broken glasses drawing!
ReplyDeleteNice pages! I especially like the one you drew in class...I did that often!!
ReplyDelete